Therapeutic Coaching Agreement with Marlena Tillhon MSc
Please read the information below as this sets out the boundaries to our online coaching work together. This is an informed consent form and you are asked to read it, agree to it and sign it so that we can begin our work together.
This Agreement is entered into by and between the Coach, Marlena Tillhon MSc, and you, the Client, whereby Marlena agrees to provide Therapeutic Coaching Services for you focusing on the topics and goals outlined during the assessment session or as presented on the sales page..
The Aim of Therapeutic Coaching
Therapeutic Coaching is partnership (defined as an alliance, not a legal business partnership) between the Coach and Client in a thought-provoking and creative process that inspires you to maximise your personal and professional potential.
It is designed to facilitate the creation and development of personal, professional or business goals and to develop and carry out a strategy and plan for achieving those goals. It is underpinned by psychotherapeutic theories and practices and is integrated within the Transtheoretical Model for Change to provide a coherent structure to the therapeutic work.
Therapeutic Coaching aims to provide you with a confidential opportunity for you to explore your situation, problems, thoughts, feelings and behaviours in a private, safe and confidential environment. My role is to support and help you to achieve this without judgement.
Therapeutic Coaching Sessions
- last 45 minutes each
- are charged to your card 48 hours before your scheduled session or paid upfront when purchasing a coaching package
- need to be regular and take place weekly
- need to start and end at your scheduled time
Sessions are held online via Skype or an alternative instant messaging service. You will need access to Skype which is free to download and set up a username. Skype conversations are encrypted and secure. I will send you my Skype contact details that I use for counselling so you can connect with me and be ready to start our first session at the agreed time. I will contact you at the start of each 45 minute session.
Payment of Sessions
Payments are taken 48 hours before your scheduled session in line with my cancellation policy. Your card details are securely stored and processed via Stripe. When you sign this agreement, you authorise these card payments for your sessions.
No payments are taken if no sessions are scheduled or your contract comes to an end. You can request to have your details removed or amended at any time.
Late or Missed Sessions and Cancellations
Sessions are organised to take place regularly and on time. If you are late attending the session or do not respond to my call, I will contact you again after 5 minutes and stay online for 10 minutes to allow for any eventualities. Please contact me as soon as you can within that timeframe so that we can still spend part of our session working together but notice that our session will have to end at the scheduled time.
If you do not make contact within 10 minutes of the scheduled session start time, then the session will be considered missed and will be cancelled. You will still be charged for this.
If you wish to cancel a session you are asked to give a minimum of 48 hours notice by emailing me at [email protected] or texting my private and confidential number on (0044) 07830691116.
If you miss your agreed session and have not given sufficient notice then your payment will be kept in line with my cancellation policy.
I work with all clients in a professional manner and therefore ask that you do not attend therapy sessions under the influence of alcohol or drugs and ask you to dress appropriately for our sessions.
Your sessions also need to be recurring weekly as this regularity allows us to make the most progress in our work together.
Your session is important: it is your time to have the focus totally on you and to receive the support and attention you need. Being prepared for your sessions is an important part of therapeutic coaching: please ensure that you are comfortable, have a safe and private space to work from and have a glass of water to hand.
It is also important to give yourself a bit of time and space after each session. Therapeutic coaching uses energy and can bring up a host of emotions. Ensuring you have some time after a session is healthy self-care. Try to make sure you do not have to rush off for an appointment or pick up the children straight away. Having 5 – 10 minutes to yourself after our sessions will help and is found very beneficial.
The Coach-Client Relationship
- Coach agrees to follow and maintain the ethical framework outlined by the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) as well as that of the International Coach Federation (ICF). It is recommended that you review these ethical frameworks.
- You are solely responsible for creating and implementing your own physical, mental and emotional well-being, decisions, choices, actions and results arising out of or resulting from the coaching relationship and your coaching calls and interactions with Marlena. As such, the Client agrees that the Coach is not and will not be liable or responsible for any actions or inaction, or for any direct or indirect result of any services provided by the Coach. Client understands that psychotherapeutic coaching does not substitute intense face-to-face therapy and cannot prevent or cure any mental disorder or medical disease.
- Client further acknowledges that he/she/ they may terminate or discontinue the coaching relationship at any time by emailing the Coach. The 48 hour cancellation policy applies. Client feedback is welcome at any stage.
- Client acknowledges that psychotherapeutic coaching is a comprehensive process that may involve different areas of his or her life, including work, finances, health, relationships, education and recreation. The client agrees that deciding how to handle these issues, incorporate psychotherapeutic coaching principles into those areas and implementing choices is exclusively the client’s responsibility.
- Client acknowledges that coaching does not involve the diagnosis or treatment of mental disorders as defined by the American Psychiatric Association and that psychotherapeutic coaching is not to be used as a substitute for professional counselling, psychotherapy, psychoanalysis, mental health care, substance abuse treatment, or other professional advice by legal, medical or other qualified professionals and that it is the Client’s exclusive responsibility to seek such independent professional guidance as needed. If Client is currently under the care of a mental health professional, it is recommended that the Client promptly inform the mental health care provider of the nature and extent of the coaching relationship agreed upon by the Client and the Coach.
- The Client understands that in order to enhance the coaching relationship, the Client agrees to communicate honestly, be open to feedback and assistance and to create the time and energy to participate fully in the program.
Reviews and Ending Sessions
Part of the therapy process involves regular reviews. This is to ensure that work is progressing and that you are getting what you need from our sessions. All therapeutic coaching work comes to an end at some point. Regular reviews help with appropriately planned endings as this is an important part of the process.
If technical difficulties are experienced, for example computer or internet breakdown, we will try to conduct the session on the phone. If this is not possible, we will text each other to arrange an alternative session.
Confidentiality, Anonymity and Limitations
Everything that is discussed in therapy is highly confidential and won’t be shared with anyone else. Confidentiality is extended to supervision and in-house case consultation for the purpose of client care.
Limits of confidentiality concern: acts of terrorism, money laundering, child protection issues, and serious harm to yourself or others. All concerns will be discussed with you directly. However, I retain the right to act without prior consultation based on the urgency of the situation for safeguarding purposes should I deem this absolutely necessary.
You remain fully responsibility for keeping yourself safe throughout our work together.
As part of my professional practice and adhering to the BACP(British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy) guidelines and ethical framework, I have regular individual supervision. Supervision is the process of reviewing the work we do with another psychotherapist. This is to help ensure that the work we do is to the best standard possible. Client anonymity is kept, so you will not be identified. Only aspects of work we do may be discussed.
Computer Privacy, Safety and Data Protection
When working online it is important to maintain security through reasonable measures to ensure confidentiality and safe working procedures. This is something I take responsibility for on my end and you must take responsibility for it from your end.
All materials, email correspondence and notes that are made as part of our work are owned by me, Marlena Tillhon. They are covered under our agreement of confidentiality. I ask that you do not share any of my materials or communications with others.
I retain the right to share your testimonial should you provide one after obtaining agreement from you while protecting your confidentiality.
In Case of An Emergency
Our online sessions cannot replace professional and local support provided in the event of an acute mental health crisis.
If you feel in danger of harming yourself, you MUST follow the Safety & Support plan I provide you with when we begin working together and contact your nearest emergency services for help or go to your nearest A&E department.
Except as expressly provided in this Agreement, the Coach makes no guarantees, representations or warranties of any kind or nature, express or implied with respect to the coaching services negotiated, agreed upon and rendered. In no event shall the Coach be liable to the Client for any indirect, consequential or special damages. Notwithstanding any damages that the Client may incur, the Coach’s entire liability under this Agreement, and the Client’s exclusive remedy, shall be limited to the amount actually paid by the Client to the Coach under this Agreement for all coaching services rendered through and including the termination date.
This document reflects the entire agreement between the Coach and the Client, and reflects a complete understanding of the parties with respect to the subject matter. This Agreement supersedes all prior written and oral representations. The Agreement may not be amended, altered or supplemented except in writing signed by both the Coach and the Client.
If a dispute arises out of this Agreement that cannot be resolved by mutual consent, the Client and Coach agree to attempt to mediate in good faith for up to 30 days after notice given. If the dispute is not so resolved, and in the event of legal action, the prevailing party shall be entitled to recover attorney’s fees and court costs from the other party.
If any provision of this Agreement shall be held to be invalid or unenforceable for any reason, the remaining provisions shall continue to be valid and enforceable. If the Court finds that any provision of this Agreement is invalid or unenforceable, but that by limiting such provision it would become valid and enforceable, then such provision shall be deemed to be written, construed, and enforced as so limited.
The failure of either party to enforce any provision of this Agreement shall not be construed as a waiver or limitation of that party's right to subsequently enforce and compel strict compliance with every provision of this Agreement.
Acknowledgment and Consent
By signing this contract and/ or ticking the box on the checkout page, you accept the above outlined terms and conditions for working together.